DONATION ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES
The World’s Only Curious George Store supports programs focusing on children, education and health and human services. We consider donation requests without regard to race, gender, disability, religion, ethnicity, age or sexual orientation. We would like to respond favorably to all requests however the needs are far greater than our allocated resources. Therefore it is not possible for us to accommodate all requests.
The World’s Only Curious George Store contributes to the strength and vitality of our community through our donation program. We seek to build strong partnerships and lasting value in our community by supporting organizations that:
- Improve the educational and economic opportunities of low – and moderate- income individuals and families.
- Enhance the cultural and artistic life of the communities in which we live and work.
For local organizations and groups which focus on children, education or health and human services, please send a written request on your organization’s letterhead with a copy of your IRS tax letter with your 501 (c) (3) status to Louisa@thecuriousgeorgestore.com. Requests must be submitted via e-mail 8 weeks prior to your event. Submissions will take 3 – 4 weeks to process. We are unable to accept requests for donations in the store; please make all requests via the e-mail address above.
Our donations consist of children’s merchandise available in our store. We will never donate cash. Recipients must be able to pick up donations in store.
WE DO NOT FUND DIRECT AID TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Capital campaigns, building projects, or equipment
- Transportation and travel expenses
- Political organizations
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Government agencies
- Loans or investments
- Research studies
- Athletic teams, events, or sponsorships
- Symposiums, conferences, conventions, professional association meetings
- Development or production of books, films, videos, television programs, or websites
- Parties, celebrations, parades, festivals
- Deficit funding